What if you could set up a website for your business in less than an hour for free?
There is a wide variety of options for free or low-cost, and easy websites. You can create one in as little as an hour with basic information about your business. If you have a business name, contact information, and a few pictures of your finished product(s), then you have everything you need to set up a simple website for your business. One hour to increase your business’ exposure and word-of-mouth traffic.
What is one hour worth to your business?
Here are five easy and free resources for setting up a website (and one inexpensive paid option).
1. WordPress.com offers a completely free version and a paid version. The free version is enough for most small businesses and offers flexibility for content, although the free version limits design options. The paid version of WordPress (WordPress.org) is the gold standard for websites. If you’re going to pay for your website, use this one. (The paid version of wordpress does not fall into the quick and easy category.)
2. Weebly.com has a simple and easy to understand system, making it great for first time do-it-yourselfers. It offers a free option and three paid options starting at $8 a month.
3. Yola.com has both free and paid options and offers a simple website builder with basic design options.
4. Onepager.com – This site offers a free version with a limited set of options to customize. They also offer four levels of paid versions, starting at as little as $8 a month. (If you can afford Netflix, you can afford this!)
5. Wix.com offers a completely free option with a wide variety of options and tools. This website builder might be a little overwhelming for first time website builders, but offers the most freedom for design and content.
6. Squarespace.com has a streamlined, elegant, and user-friendly website creator. It does not offer a free version, but has two levels of paid versions, starting at $8 a month. Their $18 a month option is listed for businesses, but unless you are selling products online, the $8 a month option would be enough for most small businesses.
So what are you waiting for? In the time you spend surfing Facebook this week, you could have a beautiful and informative website. Get going!